On a mission to make photos FUN!
I'm on a mission. I want to make family photos enjoyable! I know, it seems crazy. I remember the days of going to the mall to have our family portraits taken. It was torture! No matter when we made our appointment, they were ALWAYS running behind, which meant tired cranky kids and frustrated parents. So we would put on our fake smiles and stand where they told us to stand, and hope they would get at least one photo where the kids weren't crying. It was not a "fun event". It was a chore that I tolerated because I value the importance of documenting our families growth in photos.
But what if instead, having your family pictures taken could be a fun, memorable experience where the smiles are genuine, laughter flows freely, the kids look forward to it, and it doesn't seem like a chore? It IS possible. Here are some ways that we help facilitate the experience:
1. I love to book family photo sessions outside - somewhere fun with lots of room for the kids to run and explore. Not only does this enable me to get some great candid shots of the kids in their element, it gives them a distraction in between the "boring" posed shots and helps them to get their wiggles out so they don't become grumpy or feel "cooped up".
2. I try to connect with the kids right off the bat. I get down at their level, introduce myself, and tell them how much fun we are going to have. I try to let them pick some of the poses, or let them do some silly shots to make them feel more involved in the process.
3. I encourage the parents to just have fun with it. Don't worry if the kids don't cooperate with everything I suggest. Just go with the flow and enjoy yourselves and be confident that we will be able to capture some amazing shots. Remember, it only takes about a hundredth of a second to freeze that fleeting smile or perfect pose.
4. I try to give out stickers or suckers or some other fun momento after every session so the next time family picture time rolls around, they have something tangible to look forward to.
5. Finally, the studio open house events that we put on are a great way to get your kids to become more comfortable with photos and see it as a fun event. Once a year in the summer time, we host a "Little Girls and Pearls" dress up event and a "Superheroes in the Studio" dress up event. The events are free and not only give new clients a chance to try us out with no obligation, but they provide kids with a fun experience involving photos so next time you schedule a session, hopefully they will remember how much fun they had playing dress up in our studio and look forward to the process instead of complaining about it.
Here are a couple links to youtube videos featuring this years event attendees:
We would love for you to give us a try for your next family photo session! We offer $50 off for first time clients, so be sure to mention that it's your first time when you book your session!
Call or email today! 503.407.9622 email@example.com
Keywords: be photography oregon, childrens portraits, family portraits, molalla photographer, oregon photographer, photography
No comments posted.
Recent PostsLa Paz via Ferry from Mazatlan Bravery, Spontaneity and Beauty Exploring Mazatlan Another great coffee shop in Mazatlan Mazatlan Souvenir? Sunset Atop the Best Western Posada Freeman - Mazatlan Rico's Cafe - Mazatlan Introducing "Featured Posts" La bicicleta rosa Rediscovering the Joy of Photography